badge

Thursday 10 March 2016

Join me in share the load campaign


Dear friends I am part of a rat race where everyone is in a race to outrun one another. I chase endless deadlines some of these I make it and some I miss. Either way they add to the day to day stress of my daily life. Yet every day I start my day with a new vigor, energy and vitality.
Now before these lines begin to appear like the brief of a energy drink that I may be working upon let me clarify that it is not the case at least not at this moment. I am going to talk about my mantra to fight stress, its simple and works for me so it might work for you as well but why am I telling you about it after all you could be belonging to the group of people who believe that Laundry is a woman’s job as 81% of married men in India agree that their daughters must learn household chores
and there are the 78% of girls in India who agree that they should learn Laundry as they will have to do it when they grow up
When 65% of married men in India agree that their children replicate their behavior at home then how can the children be left behind as 2 out of every 3 children think that washing clothes is a mothers job.


So if you fall in this group of people then not only are you being a person who treats the women in his life with a sense of inequality but also treats your laundry with disdain. So much so for feelings now that you are part of the set of people who believe in the school of thought that laundry is a woman’s job you are depriving yourself of my ultimate relaxation technique and the best stress buster that one can think of.
So what is that technique that I have been harping about since the beginning of my post?
Well it’s called washing your clothes or doing the laundry. To begin with when I feel really sapped and stressed I pull out a pile of dirty clothes and make a list of all the negative things that I have experienced that day or the things that have been bothering me for some time. It could be the behavior of a colleague who robbed me of my due credit for a presentation or could be the boss almighty who has bypassed my right to get a fair appraisal or a raise. I fill up a bucket with water or if I am really mad at a person I could chose hot water. Then I gently drown my clothes one by one in this bucket. I visualize that instead of the clothes going down it is the person who has been so nasty that I cannot bear them any more. As the detergent added to the bucket acts on the dirt on the clothes .the slippery feel of soap also allows my troubles to slip away. On days I am feeling really nasty I could wring the clothes a bit harder. As the cool water works on the palm of my hands and the swirling, scrubbing and splashing of water works on all the pressure points located in the palm of my hands. By the time I have finished my washing the problems don't seem that big anymore and if the next day I find some one trying to get under my skin, instead of losing my cool I chuckle and say to my self, I will seen you in the laundry room . I am proud of the fact that I share the load and do not believe it to be a women's job. The fact that it is a great stress buster is only an additional perk.



I am joining the Ariel #ShareTheLoad campaign at BlogAdda and blogging about the prejudice related to household chores being passed on to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment