badge

Saturday 22 January 2022

Esp32 cam electronicscomp.com project error replication documentation

 Error received

Either not initialzed or too small (2MByte only) or not present at all. Firmware cannot start!!Logfile opened: /sdcard/log/message/log_2022-01-22.txt

14:17:37.600 -> I (12975) BLINK: Blinken - done

When running the code https://github.com/jomjol/AI-on-the-edge-device/ on esp32 cam 


 


Esp32 cam module

https://www.electronicscomp.com/esp32-cam-wifi-module-bluetooth-with-ov2640-camera-module-2mp-for-face-recognization?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsZ6l6e7E9QIVBQ4rCh1kqQ-KEAQYASABEgIGKPD_BwE




The idea is to run a sketch which requres psram so I Picked up this board



with the specifications

Features :

ESP32-CAM :

  1. The smallest 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi BT SoC module.
  2. Low power 32-bit CPU, can also serve the application processor.
  3. Up to 160MHz clock speed, summary computing power up to 600 DMIPS.
  4. Built-in 520 KB SRAM, external 4MPSRAM.
  5. Supports UART/SPI/I2C/PWM/ADC/DAC.
  6. Support OV2640 and OV7670 cameras, built-in flash lamp.
  7. Support image WiFI upload.
  8. Supports TF card.
  9. Supports multiple sleep modes.
  10. Embedded Lwip and FreeRTOS.
  11. Supports STA/AP/STA+AP operation mode.
  12. Support Smart Config/AirKiss technology.
  13. Support for serial port local and remote firmware upgrades (FOTA)
this is the error that I get when I run the sketch


same error on web page 









Steps to replicate the error

Esp32 cam connected to esp32 => connected to laptop using the usb cable 

Connection 

uoT of esp32 cam => Tx0 of esp32
u0R of esp32 cam => RX0 of esp32

power to esp32 cam via usb 2nd usb port of laptop
5v and gnd
also tried programming by giving esp32 cam 5v via vin of esp32 (worked both ways while writing sketch)
esp32 is bypassed by connecting En to ground
also while writing gpio and gnd shorted in esp32 cam and removed while running the ode later on
esp32 micro usb port is used to connect it to laptop usb port

-----

writing the sketch
my python directory is c:\python27
and my esptools.py is in C:\Python27\esptool-master\esptool-master
So I have copied the contents of the firmware folder to this folder (as I was not sure of esptool was picking up the path correctly)

from the command prompt in this folder I ran 


       esptool.py erase_flash

I pressed the reset button on esp32 cam and the command got executed as the screen above
Next on the command prompt I entered the command 

esptool.py write_flash 0x01000 bootloader.bin 0x08000 partitions.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin




This time I did not have to press the reset button a 2nd time and the code went on to execute

Once back on the command prompt I removed the gpio0 and gnd jumper and reset the device.

For me it is connected on 192.168.1.18

Loading the page I find 



As you can see the images do not load.

On further investigation of the log I see the error 

Not enought PSRAM available. Expected 4.194.304 MByte - available: 2162758
Either not initialzed or too small (2MByte only) or not present at all. Firmware cannot start!!

The same error can be seen from the arduino ide serial monitor



While searching for a fix I found a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUgxwbfkIqU
In the comments I see a number of people having this error.
And as a possible fix I see 

This basically says to modify the sdkconfig file and make 
CONFIG_SPIRAM_IGNORE_NOTFOUND=y

Now with some difficulty I could locate my  sdkconfig but my file did not have a "CONFIG_SPIRAM_IGNORE_NOTFOUND" entry
So I further researched and found this link 
and added CONFIG_SPIRAM_IGNORE_NOTFOUND=y

Now since I was using python command so I was not sure if this setting would be referred so I closed my arduino ide and restarted it.
Opened the esp32 camera webserver sketch and loaded to my esp32 cam
this works ok as before however when I try to write https://github.com/jomjol/AI-on-the-edge-device/
it gets written as shown above however the same error persists.
"Not enought PSRAM available. Expected 4.194.304 MByte - available: 2162758
Either not initialzed or too small (2MByte only) or not present at all. Firmware cannot start!!"













1 comment:

  1. how to get battery percentage on iphone 12 How do you show battery percentage on the iPhone 12? The Short answer is that you can’t. However, there’s a way to get around this by adding a new widget to your home screen so that you’ll always be able to see how much power you have left as well as when it was last charged. Here’s how to show battery percentage on the iPhone 12 from anywhere in iOS.

    ReplyDelete